Checkerboard Cichlid

Tim13

New Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2009
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have a checkerboard cichlid that I keep in water with a ph of 7.5.

Online I have read they need 5-6 which is very low. I assume this is for breeding purposes. I only have one and no intention of breeding.

At my LFS an employee who I trust for the most part said my ph should be fine and that cichlids are very adaptable. I have had him for a week and he seems perfectly fine so far.

Is it ok to keep him with this ph?

Thanks,
Tim
 
These Cichlids do prefer a little lower of a pH level, but they will adapt to different pH levels.

That is one good thing about our fish, and that is they can adapt to different pH levels.

So, a pH of 7.5 in your case is just fine for the type of fish you have.

-FHM
 
These Cichlids do prefer a little lower of a pH level, but they will adapt to different pH levels.

That is one good thing about our fish, and that is they can adapt to different pH levels.

So, a pH of 7.5 in your case is just fine for the type of fish you have.

-FHM

Thanks!!!!
 
They will be fine in that water, the lower pH is needed for breeding.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top