Check Out My Tank!

paulypaul182

Fish Crazy
Joined
Sep 3, 2008
Messages
232
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Birmingham, Uk
So, filter was already cycled. Kept an eye on my stats for over 3 weeks and all readings remained the same. Had 2 common plec during most of that time then traded those in for some Zebra Danios and Black Phantom Tetras. Readings stayed the same so I put in 3 Three Lined Cory (One got trapped behind a rock and died!!).
So, this weekend, I traded in the Tetra and got me some fish. 3 Bolivian Ram, 4 Oto, a few more Zebra Danio and 4 Cherry Shrimp.
The Bolivian Ram are gorgous!! I think the bigger one is a fella. I think a smaller one may be a male too but im sure the third is a female. The female is being guarded by the bigger male. They are amazing when they strut their stuff and "kiss fight". They may be doing this but they seem happy enough. The Zebra Danio are schooling nicely but are so savage with their eating!!! The others dont get a chance!! The Otos are feeding so Im well happy with that. They are very small at the moment so im looking forward to seeing them when they get larger. Now, the shrimp!!! I aint seen them since last night. They were so small, so Im guessing they were young shrimp. Im hoping they havent got eaten and are hiding away somewhere. Mind you, they were hanging around the rocks last night in full view but the bigger Ram seemed to be hovering and staring at them alot. He tried picking them out a few times but they darted away. I pruned the plants last night and moved a couple of rocks whilst doing a 75% water change (plants were rotting and littering the tank) so I hope they weren't sucked up, came out with the plants or buried under sand!!!

Anyway, here are a couple of pics of the tank and the Ram.

DSC00579.jpg

DSC00580.jpg
 
Nice tank !

Loving the rams too !! They were on my "original" stocking list ..That got changed many times :D

i know what you mean with the danio's ! As soon as i go near the glass all mine come to the surface looking for food
 
Nice tank !

Loving the rams too !! They were on my "original" stocking list ..That got changed many times :D

i know what you mean with the danio's ! As soon as i go near the glass all mine come to the surface looking for food

They are greedy so and so's. The Ram seem happy enough eating the Corys pellets so at least they are eating.
I just hope my shrimp survived cause I was really looking forward to having them.

Id recommend the Rams to anyone. I was originally going to have Dwarf Gourami but saw the BRs in my LFS and had to have them!
 
lol i've got 2 dwarf gourami's ! lol one orange-sunset and one powder blue ! so relaxing to watch not seen any "kissing " yet so all looks okay with having the 2 males :D

You adding anythign else to it ?
 
You may never see those shrimp again, the rams would have had a tasty snack if they found them, as would the other fish. Also, they could easily have gotten into the filter, as they look to be quite large holes. Check inside for the shrimp, if they are in there, when you take them out, you might like to cover the inlet with some fine netting or something to stop them either going back in voluntarily or being sucked in.
 
id love a pair of rams they got some nice blue rams in my lfs but salready have a kribs and dont know how well they would mix
 
You may never see those shrimp again, the rams would have had a tasty snack if they found them, as would the other fish. Also, they could easily have gotten into the filter, as they look to be quite large holes. Check inside for the shrimp, if they are in there, when you take them out, you might like to cover the inlet with some fine netting or something to stop them either going back in voluntarily or being sucked in.

Ive checked the filter and nothing in there. The inlet is big but you can adjust it so i closed them slightly. I was going to get the net tomorrow. I asked around on here and at my lfs asking if the shrimp would be safe and everyone said the others would ignore them. At £5, they were expensive food!!!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top