Cheap Lighting?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

OwenB86

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I've recently set up a new 110L cold water tank for 2 fancy goldfish. It's about half way through a fish in cycle (didn't know about cycling until after I bought the fish) and has a sand substrate.
P1000299.jpg

As you can see it looks quite sparse at the moment and I was hoping to add some more plants, but first I wanted to make sure they would survive. The tank is currently unlit and the plants (I think they are Egeria densa) have grown massively but don't look very healthy.

P1000300.jpg

(sorry about the filter, it's getting moved soon)
P1000301.jpg

So I was wondering if some lighting would help? Unfortunately I don't have much money at the moment so is there anything up to about £30 that could work?

Also I've been reading on this section of the forum that a lot/most people use fertilisers and co2 systems, can the plants survive without these?

Thanks a lot

Owen

The plant in there at the moment are very hardy and you won't really need co2 or ferts if there the only type of plant you're going to keep. £30 for a tank that size is challenging. LED is the way to go, with something like this. It's a little bit over 30, but you get what you pay for :good:

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back