Charcoal

lordofthesea

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
471
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
swansea wales UK
is it safe to use charcoal - like the sort for barbeques in filters as activated carbon?
If so, is it safe to use it with inverts?
 
Im gonna say no, it would leech lots of yuk into the tank, I dont think its the same as aquarium activated carbon, although I could be completely wrong.
 
I think that minxfishy is right!......charcoal is quit different from the aquarium activated carbon, and might release bad things into your tank water like yuk for an example. I wouldn't use it for inverts as most inverts are sensitive to the aquarium's chemistry and water.
 
It will yes remove some toxins which may help their but it's far from being processed active carbon, and would still have lots of other things that may not be either so good looking to the water or it may leach out of it!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top