Changing Tube - Will It Affect Anything?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

nry

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I've been using a different light to take photo's of my two tanks. I really prefer the look the different tube gives (a more blue colour) as it really highlights the fish colours whilst still showing the plants off well - the tube is the one I got with my PFK AquaCube so it is not a specific 'type' but I assume it is likely closer to the Interpet TriPlus than my current Daylight Plus (Interpet PC T5's).

If I was to change the tube(s) to a TriPlus of the same wattage is it likely to have any detrimental affect on the tank(s) whilst they adjust to a different light spectrum? I am hoping to entirely rescape the 15 Gallon in a few months, I am wondering if I may be better to change the tube then rather than try it now?

Your plants may take a few days to adjust to the new spectrum but they should be fine.

FYI I changed from a Triplus 18w PC T5 to 24w PC T5 Daylight Plus with no problems. In fact everytime I've changed tubes in all my tanks there's been no issues. Plants are remarkably adaptive to different lighting.

Cheers George - how would you describe the difference in light colour for those two tubes?

Most reactions

Back