Honeythorn
Sugar coating and nicely nicely? I don't think so
Well, I know I said I was planning on having a white betta from a friends mate, but he seems to have dissappeared for the nonce. I have done some hard thinking, and much faffing about with the outflow on my filter, but I have decided that my tank filter is not modifiable, and would not be suitable for keeping a betta after all. Also, if my nervous Krib does take a dislike, a betta wouldn't be able to swim away quickly enough. That wouldn't be fair.
So I decided to get a dwarf gourami instead. The LFS had clearly just had a delivery, and the tank was full of them. I picked a male with nice bright colouring, and he is now called Eliot ( After T.S Eliot ) . He's a lively little chap! Eats like a pig and is tremendously active. He's settled in very well. My Krib poked him away from her pit a couple of times but apart from that she seems fine with him being in there. She's come out a lot more and has been swimming about eyeballing Eliot and eating with him
For my 30 Gal I bought 3 more peppered cories, which now brings my group up to six. They are all happily grubbing about together
Here's a pic of Eliot:
So I decided to get a dwarf gourami instead. The LFS had clearly just had a delivery, and the tank was full of them. I picked a male with nice bright colouring, and he is now called Eliot ( After T.S Eliot ) . He's a lively little chap! Eats like a pig and is tremendously active. He's settled in very well. My Krib poked him away from her pit a couple of times but apart from that she seems fine with him being in there. She's come out a lot more and has been swimming about eyeballing Eliot and eating with him
For my 30 Gal I bought 3 more peppered cories, which now brings my group up to six. They are all happily grubbing about together
Here's a pic of Eliot:







