Centerpiece Fish For Tetra Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

phantomlink

Fishaholic
Reaction score
My 125g/467l tank is going to be a Tetra tank with some Harlequin, was wondering what style of centerpiece fish I could use in the tank that doesn't mind the active swimming of the tetras. I was originally going with some Gourami but have decided against it to not stress them out

My 180litres has just had fish added.

I wanted a South American theme but had to have some harlequins as my favourite fish.

I've got cardinals, x-rays, dwarf pencils and pygmy corys with a pair of A. hongsloi as centrepieces (they may or may not be a pair) which look great in the mix and don't seem to mind the saying about of the other fish at all.

Try apistogramma or any other dwarf peaceful cichlids

Or uaru or the eartheaters

A group of Angelfish.
Everything I read said not to add angelfish in my tank because of all the fast swimmers. Kinda why I can't use gouramis as well
Angels should be fine. I have kept angels with tetras and it did not seem to cause any undo stress. The angels just swam around, happy to be there.

What kind of tetras, aside from harlequins are you looking at keeping?

Neon, Cardinal, Lemon, Emperor if I can find them, and Bleeding Heart possibly

Don't get angels!!! When they get big they will slowly pick off your tetras!!!

Go with a trio of apistogramma cichlids, if you really want neons.
Or...

Go with cardinal tetras instead and get some angels. Cardinals look almost identical to neons, except the red stripe is longer, they are bigger, and sturdier. Angles will not eat cardinals :good:

I stuck with the neons since the LFS had them on sale ( 9 for $5, same with Harlequin Rasbora ) and my stocking list changed since my first post. Since the store is two hours and $40 in gas away I can only go once in awhile when its worth the money to drive there. When I got there this week they had no cardinals or emperors or lemons so I had to redo most of my stocking list. I'm on their call list for when they get Kuhli Loaches in stock, I had one as a kid for years and loved it, I named him Speedy so when they get more I'm picking up 10 :wub:

My current stock is as follows:
15 Harlequin Rasbora
9 Neon Tetra
6 Black Neon Tetra
6 Skunk Corydora
3 Peppered Corydora
2 Albino Corydora ( had 3, but the smallest was the only casualty after the first night, poor guy got too close to the filter suction )
9 Red Wag Platy
4 Sunset Platy
4 Green spotted sunset platy
9 Corydora I'm still trying to figure out which species out of 3 options
1 Golden Bristlenose pleco
3 Hillstream Loach ( these guys are awesome )
6 Glass catfish
6 Five Banded Barb
3 Pearl Gourami
3 Assorted Rainbowfish, two of them look to be the same species, and one is different still trying to find out what they are

Just waiting on my Kulis :D

I've been watching the tank and nothing appears teritorial or mean towards other fish. The Gouramis have claimed the inside of the castle as their own and I catch them swimming around with the larger corydora all the time

Any tank can be considered done when you add in the kuhlis :wub: :hyper:

PA041084.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Back