Celestial Pearl Danio

rocknurworld2006

Fish Aficionado
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
3,384
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Aberdeen
what ph do these like, as ive seen so many websites say acidic then another says alkaline, but what do they actually like???? :crazy:

And is there anything i can put in the tank or do to make them less shy they all hide away if i go anywhee near the tank, and alot of food just falls as they are hiding when im putting it in, anything i can do?? they will not come out if im there or they see anykind of movement
thanks
 
what ph do these like, as ive seen so many websites say acidic then another says alkaline, but what do they actually like???? :crazy:

And is there anything i can put in the tank or do to make them less shy they all hide away if i go anywhee near the tank, and alot of food just falls as they are hiding when im putting it in, anything i can do?? they will not come out if im there or they see anykind of movement
thanks

pearl danio's i think are quite a hardy like the zebra's and leapord danio's. i've never kept these but i think they are'nt that fussy about water conditions.
also how long have you had them for, how many have you got and what other fishes are in your tank?
 
it is such a relatively newly discovered species that I don't think much research has been done on its natural habitat. Which is in Myanmar a country under dictatorship rule, not exactly easy to access.

If I were to throw a guess at it, alkaline. (just a guess)

Eventually I want to try breeding these as they are beginning to already become sparse in nature due to over harvesting.
 
Galaxy Rasboras? I have got 9 in a 55 gallon, they are great, they are happy and colourful, confident and do not hide. The pH is over 8 in my tank.
 
im getting a breeding group of 5 which are breeding just now to add to the 8 ive got do you think that will help the shyness??
 
I keep some in nutral conditions, and I keep seeing signs of breeding going on, but with so many other fish in there with them, and so many plants, I doubt I'd ever notice any fry...but their numbers are gradualy increasing without help.. These conditions seem to be wouking for me, thriving in the hight temps of the tank.

HTH
Rabbut

EDIT to add; Mine were very shy for the fist 6months ish....I found that adding dither fish helped, bbut this could be a bad idea for a serious breeding project...Try adding dithers, get them more confident, then remove the dithers when you want to breed.
 
I keep some in nutral conditions, and I keep seeing signs of breeding going on, but with so many other fish in there with them, and so many plants, I doubt I'd ever notice any fry...but their numbers are gradualy increasing without help.. These conditions seem to be wouking for me, thriving in the hight temps of the tank.

HTH
Rabbut

EDIT to add; Mine were very shy for the fist 6months ish....I found that adding dither fish helped, bbut this could be a bad idea for a serious breeding project...Try adding dithers, get them more confident, then remove the dithers when you want to breed.

what are good dither fish to use for the cpd's????
 

Most reactions

Back
Top