Caught In The Act

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

lilfishie

Its a kinda MAGIC!! ^_^
Reaction score
I just caught one of my pairs spawning, it seems the female has swapped partners though and gone for the big boy :lol: pics to follow :good:

I'm trying to catch the other male as they are being very aggressive to him :sad:

Pics as promised :fun:

The Pair
GEDC0870.jpg

Wrapping
GEDC0878.jpg

Female picking up the eggs
GEDC0880.jpg

Game of catch the egg :lol:
GEDC0881.jpg

In 10-14 days i will have fry :D

He munched them :sad: they've been at it again today though, hopefully this time he won't eat them

Lilfishie my two new ones were playing about like that this morning! dose that mean what i think it means then?? :D

He got me three new ones last night and the guy in the shop said one of them may well be a male. the new ones are called Speed, Flirt and Peace :)

hey may i ask why getting wild species when splendens is more beatyfull>?
Im new on the site but I think can answer your question. I've owned the long fin splendens before and I currently own a green/red PK and a red dragon PK but I think the wild ones are more natural looking since all bettas began with short fins before they were introduced into captivity which resulted in the mutation of longer fins. That is one reason which I take into consideration when buying bettas, also The short fin bettas are more aggressive.The most common reason why some people favor the wild ones is also due to avalibility, where I live the splendens are just as common as gold fish are. Personally I like the Plakat/short fins because they generally contain better patterning. Heres pics of my green/red PK and my red dragon PK:

Attachments

• betta3(2).JPG
    betta3(2).JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 142
  • Dragonbetta 003.JPG
    Dragonbetta 003.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 142

Most reactions

Back