Catfish And Brackish Water

cmoney

Reaction score
I have a feather finned catfish, pictus, and 4 dwarf puffer fish in a 25-gallon tank. I just checked the pH and right now it is 7.4. My catfish are really hearty and have been able to handle changes to the tank quite well. I just changed from gravel to crushed coral and it blew the pH off the charts. I waited for it to settle a bit before I put the fish back in.

I'm considering slowly changing the tank to brackish water: about a Tbls of salt/gallon because I have heard puffers like low salinity.

Will my catfish be able to adjust to this change?
What live plants flourish in brackish water?

Also, all my fish love frozen blood worms but the leftovers sorta just float around; what's a good solution to this besides vacuuming?

Thanks, guys. I'm new to the site! Name's Corinne from Eugene, Oregon. Here's a photo of my feather finned William from a few months ago.

Attachments

• IMG_1329.JPG
    IMG_1329.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 141
What puffers are they? Dwarf puffers are best kept in freshwater, Also i would highly doubt Pictus would tolerate brackish water given their SA origin.

Also tbh a Eupterus and pictus will easily grow large enough to consider a dwarf puffer as food IMO and both really require a large tank than 25G

Most reactions

Back