Catching Oscar!

chrisrm

Fish Addict
Joined
Jul 5, 2009
Messages
768
Reaction score
23
Points
18
Location
Plymouth
could i please have some advice on how to catch large 25 cm oscars and other large fish and what i could transport them in

in the least stressful way

thankyou
 
Drain the tank as far as required then net them out,

Simples :hyper:
 
get an oversized fish bag and let them swim into it, then place the bag into a polybox with some water at the bottom, i just caught Bo like that and it was much easier than i thought, he is 12inches
 
could i please have some advice on how to catch large 25 cm oscars and other large fish and what i could transport them in

in the least stressful way

thankyou
TRANSPORT Black bin liner in large bucket or better still those big transparent plastic storage crates with lid (cost £9 or less for 18in crate) for transport. Should be OK for hours in crate. Kept my rudd in one for 2 days till I replaced leaking cracked tank and they were OK
Catch as others suggested
 
all fish in one plastic storage crate?(obviously within reason!) the trips only 5-10 mins or seperate ones
 
What I do is use a cooler such as this. Fill it halfway with tank water, net the fish and put them in the cooler with a lid. This blocks out light and preserves the temperature for several hours.

I wouldn't buy one just to transport fish in, but would brrow one if I could.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top