Cat May Have Eaten A Fish

Just_Another_One

Fishaholic
Joined
Apr 5, 2007
Messages
575
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver, Canada
I seem to be missing a WCMM from a tank that has a gold gourami with callamanus worms...I fear it has jumped out and my cat eaten it...I never seen any worms on in the WCMM but if they lived with the gourami they would probably have it too...

Does anyone think it would be possible for my cat to now get callamanus worms????
 
I am fairly certain that Camallanus are specific to fish. I doubt your cat would get them...
 
Ok thanks,I sure hope so. This cat is my life and im worried sick about it :( I googled it lots last night and I could'nt find anything on camallanus worms and cats but probably not many cats have eaten camallanus worm infected fish right? who knows.

I will keep my eye out for him but I would'nt even know what to look for....apart from checking his bum for red worms lol but they dont even protrude for 4-6 months after being infected. ughh
 
camallanus worms are very resiliant to most medications. the only thing that works on fish at least, is levamisole and some other wormer flubenol or somethingr- but they aren't available through vets in Canada :(
 
If your worried phone a vet and ask. Just for peace of mind.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top