Cardinal Tetras Dying One By One :(

no never have used chemicals. when i do clean anything in my tank it will be cleaned in the old tank water when im doing a water change. or using a sponge if its to clean the algae on the walls of the tank.

i think i may just wait for a few days and see how the cardinals go. if they do die, i think i might get some more hardy fish like zebra danios and let the tank mature more then maybe try introduce some more cardinals.

Minus goldfish is good

Temp up is good

What temp was it when cardies whent in

the temp was 28C

28 seems a bit hot, its right on the edge of the envelope, i would keep it at around 26

i think 28 is ok because cardinals can be kept with German Blue Rams and Discus who like the temp up around that. and i am planning to eventually get some discus so its best i kept the temp up to 28.

hi,

Lost another cardinal today. and it seems as if one of my german blue ram has parasites. in the morning today for the 1st time i seen it poop, and the poop was white. the ram is just sitting in one corner and not swimming at all. seems very stressed

could this 'parasite' be killing the cardinals aswel?

how should i treat if it is parasites?

BUMP

also GBR has red thing sticking out of its anus?

Sounds like Callamanus worms. The common treatment is levamisole.http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/368527-camallanus-parasite-help/ is this what it looks like?

its more thicker then that. but it is blood red and there is just one. i would take a picture but the ram just seems to hide all day.

I had the same thing happen to me. I had 9 and they just died off within the week. Had the lfs test my water every time and it was fine. I finally just got store credit and got something else. No idea why they didn't like my tank =/

And they should give you credit even if you don't have the bodies, especially if the whole batch died. Sorry you are having troubles :sad:

http://www.aqua4you.de/inc/thumb.php?image=artikel/pYpKAnOeDBPi.jpg&w=200

Most reactions

Back