Carbon dioxide making kit

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Lynnzer

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I have a couple of these things to sell. I stopped using them after around 6 months but they worked fine. It's just a couple of 2ltr empty coke bottles (or most any bottle of that size) needed to complete the setup, then addition of Citric Acid in one bottle and Bicarbonate of soda in the other one. Both kits have a bubble counter too.
Can't remeber how much they cost but I see Amazon do them for £25.78 each at present without bubble counter. I'll be happy with £25 for the pair, + whatecver postage it costs. Single kit for half the price plus postage again.

617hcN0uJdL._AC_SX679_[1].jpg

I have a 20 pound CO2 canister and a metered output rig that I spent quite a bit on. I'm not crazy about having that canister in my house, but I can sure get my soda bottle back out of the recycling. will a regular guage and meter work with this?

Only one way to find out. Grab a couple of bottles and give ity a go. You'll need some bicarbonate of soda, some acetic acid and put them in different bottles connected by the hoses and regulators. It's easy enough.
There's also another option : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004011778140.html
This is a smarter looking thing altogether and uses the same things, ie bicarb and acetic acid. I have them on my tow aquascaped tanks. The only downside to this method is that both the bicarb and the acid go into the single bottle, then you have to be damn quick in screwing the valve on as soon as the water is added as the CO2 production starts immediately. FAST.
It can be ordered with a timer too.

Most reactions

trending

Back