Can't Restart Filter - Since Yesterday!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

though they are extremely reliable. i hate Eheims ceramic shafts. i get nervous every-time i have to mess with one.
I'm a clumsy clot, which probably explains it.

as for complaining to Eheim.
there was a time every email was answered.
but not any more.
they a mainly silent on every question, now.

Yep, I remember emailing them a couple of times, and always receiving good advice. For example, if it wasn't for an email excvhange with them, I'd have bought the heated version of the Eheim filter, only to discover that it doesn't stand salt: that information was totally hidden everywhere else!

As for me, I wouldn't call myself clumsy, but I am an absolute beginner. The things I learned in this forum... Thanks, raptor!

For future ref, i always find that an old internal can come in handy if you are getting frustrated with an external that won't prime,

I used to have an old Fluval+ that i used to connect to the hose intake, which would push water down into the external and back up out of the spray bar.
once this has been running a few minutes, simply disconnect the internal and switch on the external, and you should find it starts with no problems.

That's another interesting piece of advice. Worth trying!

For future ref, i always find that an old internal can come in handy if you are getting frustrated with an external that won't prime,

I used to have an old Fluval+ that i used to connect to the hose intake, which would push water down into the external and back up out of the spray bar.
once this has been running a few minutes, simply disconnect the internal and switch on the external, and you should find it starts with no problems.
yeah, so obvious, yet it had never occurred to me!
great idea.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back