Can You Recommend Quiet Internal Filter For 2ft Tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

mickinherts

Reaction score
hiya can you recommend quiet internal filter for 2ft tank ? I have tried a Interpet PF2 but found it was noisey and i had trouble getting to sleep. would like one thats very quiet as i am a pretty light sleeper

Many thanks
Mick

hiya can you recommend quiet internal filter for 2ft tank ? I have tried a Interpet PF2 but found it was noisey and i had trouble getting to sleep. would like one thats very quiet as i am a pretty light sleeper

Many thanks
Mick

Welcome to TFF! You might look into the fluval series of filters. They are good little filters. I've had one for several years that still works well. I'm not positive but the fluval 2 plus might do a 2ft tank.

Do you still have the PF2 or did you return it?
In what way was it noisey? Did you have the venturi feature switched on, or perhaps have the PF too high in the tank, (ie. not enough of it submerged?) I've been running a PF2 in my 2ft 60L tank for the past 9 months or so and it's silent with the venturi shutdown.

Thanks for your help guys.
i taking the filter back to the shop on saturday so will exchange for a fluval 2.

i tried the INTERPET PF2 INTERNAL FILTER pump head on its own and the noise is there but not so loud but gets more louder as you put the canister on and even more when its put in the holder have checked its all connected right but still noisey

This is bizarre and unfortunate, someone posted on here the other day too saying that they had the PF3 and it was horribly noisey when seated in the bracket, almost like vibrations within the pump.
It seems for once in my life I got lucky with my PF2, it's REALLY quiet ie. I can't hear it at all, and works REALLY well, and is dead easy to clean. I love it :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back