Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Can You Have A Pair Of German Blue Ram And Pair Bolivian Ram In Same T

Discussion in 'New World Cichlids' started by ARRONTYE, Feb 4, 2013.

1. ARRONTYE

ARRONTYE Member

Can you have a pair of german blue ram and pair bolivian ram in same tank ?

2. greenmumma141

greenmumma141 Member

GBR's need higher temperatures than bolivians. So there is no real way to keep them together and have them both in an environment that suits their needs to the best. I wanted to do the same thing :)   Now i have 2 bolivians and they are wonderful fish, I am so happy i decided to go with them :wub:

3. scotty

scotty Member

got to disagree about the higher temps i kept a pair of both in a tank thats temp was around 74 degrees,with constant breeding of the blue rams they can tolerate lower temps.how big is the tank would be a more important quetion in my opinion.

4. greenmumma141

greenmumma141 Member

I did not know this... If they were breeding then Id have to say that they were obviously happy/healthy. Were the bolivian/gb males agressive towards each other? 

5. ARRONTYE

ARRONTYE Member

I got a pair of german blue ram and pair of bolivian ram the man in shop said they would be fine show I move the pair bolivian ram in to my over tank. ????

6. Jakes

Jakes Member

mate i hav 2 bolivians with gbr's, gold's and electric blues... they're fine. little bit of agro between rams when they get too close to one another but thats a given.
    the bolivians are supposidly much hardier than the gbr's/gold's etc so set the temp to the spec of the gbr's and the bolivians will adapt... or go inbetween.