Can someone help me identify this fish??

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

FishFanatic33

Reaction score
Hey Fish Forums Family! I’m new to this forum & I just picked up some new fish today for my 20 Long. I have no idea what they are, but would really like to find out! Anyone familiar with this fish?

Attachments

• 6B263DE1-DB8F-443E-AE67-D79C0AAAA5E5.png
    6B263DE1-DB8F-443E-AE67-D79C0AAAA5E5.png
    395.5 KB · Views: 3,447
  • EAF17C4A-3134-4FDA-BE04-31EAB0244F32.png
    EAF17C4A-3134-4FDA-BE04-31EAB0244F32.png
    504.7 KB · Views: 66
Hey Fish Forums Family! I’m new to this forum & I just picked up some new fish today for my 20 Long. I have no idea what they are, but would really like to find out! Anyone familiar with this fish?
I am completely unfamiliar with these fish so my guess is probably wrong. Looks like a species of rainbow fish to me

Tateurndina ocellicauda, common names peacock gudgeon and peacock goby.

I don't know if the photos show the same fish, but the photos show females.

As a side note, never buy fish unless you know what they are, what type of water they need, what temperature they need and any compatibility issues. Always research before buying, the best site for that being Seriously Fish.

Tateurndina ocellicauda, common names peacock gudgeon and peacock goby.

I don't know if the photos show the same fish, but the photos show females.

As a side note, never buy fish unless you know what they are, what type of water they need, what temperature they need and any compatibility issues. Always research before buying, the best site for that being Seriously Fish.
+1 to the above in red

Oh yes, a peacock goby. I've got some of them swimming in my community tank.

Welcome to the forum! :hi:

Nice gudgeons! Can I ask what other fish are in the tank? I wish we could get 20g longs here in the UK. It's a great tank size for a lot of the smaller species, and nice to have the larger footprint from a longer tank! :)

I am completely unfamiliar with these fish so my guess is probably wrong. Looks like a species of rainbow fish to me
That's what I was thinking, lol. These are not common in North Texas, probably because our water is so wrong for them.

1st photo is 100% a female.

Their hard to come across I've noticed so your pretty lucky I'd say :)

To be honest I am quite suprised that I actually recognised the fish as a gudgeon... I don't think I have seen one IRL before... Though I have seen gobies and I loooovvvve them!!!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back