Can someone help me identify this fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Itsslucky

Reaction score
I bought him a few days ago and forgot his name but the fish store I go too is a good hour drive away and I don’t wanna go all the way back up there just to find out what he is called

Attachments

• 7ADFB710-76D3-49D3-80EE-F03080F8DCEF.jpeg
    7ADFB710-76D3-49D3-80EE-F03080F8DCEF.jpeg
    310.5 KB · Views: 69
African Rift Lake cichlid from Lake Tanganyika, as mentioned by Ichthys.
Requires water with a pH above 8.0 and a GH above 350ppm.

But the gourami in the photo needs soft water and is not compatible with the cichlid, I'm afraid.

Thanks fellas and it’s 2 opaline goramis and 2 gold. The rest are African cichlids. Yeah I’m new to this proably like 6 months in or so. I wasn’t aware that goramis weren’t supposed to be with chchlids until a few months ago after he was already in there with them for about a month. He’s been in the hard water with them for proably 3 to 4 months and seems happy. The one pictured is the newest one just got him a few days ago.

I have a community tank but it has all peaceful and smaller fish that the gorami would bully so I’ve left him in with the chichlids he’s pretty happy and plus he captive bred so I figured he’s never been in soft water anyways proably. The goramis came from petsmart unfortantly but I haven’t had any problems with them.

Julies stay close to the substrate and gouramis usually stay in the mid to upper strata, so as long as they can all handle your water parameters, they should be all right together. Julies tend to be toughest with their own kind, anyway.

Julies stay close to the substrate and gouramis usually stay in the mid to upper strata, so as long as they can all handle your water parameters, they should be all right together. Julies tend to be toughest with their own kind, anyway.
Thread is old, OP hasn't replied in over a year

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back