Can I Keep Shrimp In My Community Tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

do you know how much they would cost and how i could get them from him,

thanks

Contact him via a pm just search for his username. I would guess they would be £30-40 but can't say for sure.

I have shrimp successfully breeding in my community with tetras platy's gourami (dwarf) cory's and BPT's. I am sure there are high loss rates, more so since getting the DG's but I cannot count the number of juveniles scattered around the tank. Lots of moss helps :)

thanks, but i've found that moss is expensive at my lfs, would i be able to get it cheaper anywhere else, as my parents don't want to pay that much for a little bit of moss. especially as my plants always seem to die. could you help with that?

cheers.

pm drewry for the shrimp he might also chuck in some moss if hes got any at the mo try ebay if you dont have any luck i keep my cherrys in a community and they do breed but as said before an awfull lot do get picked off
regards scot :)

i think i might just buy a few from my lfs. would they still breed?

Yes they will still breed just in LFS they are expensive £2-3 a shrimp unless on offer and thus you would only buy a small amount thus your breeding rates will be quite low and due to the high loss rate you will never actually see them. Much better to start with a medium sized colony which will allow for approx 25 fertile females and therefore a low estimate of 400+ shrimplets each month which with a 99% loss still means 5 will survive to adulthood.

I could sell you some Christmas moss for quite a cheap price or other members on here can offer you various types of moss in the classified section.

ask them and see otherwise there seems to be a good market for them on the forum
scot :)

thanks i'll do that

have you ever got any shrimp off drewry? if so where you pleased, and how did they get to you?

yeah ive had a few things off him from fish to plants to shrimp hes a good bloke
all where well packed and alive on arrival wouldnt think twice about doing it again

thanks, i think i'll try him he sounds good!

i emailed him, but he didn't reply

pm him he will reply as soon as he logs in

how many shrimp you after ?
scot

well, i don't really know, i want enough to breed them, and for them to clean the algae off the plants in my tank, but i have £10 at most i think, because my parents won't pay. how many do you think that i could get for that? and could i get any moss as well?

it will be hard to get you a colony for breeding and moss for a tenner as a pound each for the shrimp is still quite cheap though you will pay alot more in a shop
pm me and ill sort you out some java moss for nothing but it may take a week or 2 before i can post as im busy at the mo sorting out my mates wedding
regards scot :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back