Can I Keep 3 Goldfish In A 10 Gal?

Jonty

Fish Addict
Joined
Mar 4, 2009
Messages
744
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I'm joking, it's another boring stocking question! More of a general check-up really.

60l:

6 Black Phantom Tetra
5 Corys (2 Albino 3 Peppered)
4 Apple Snails

30l:
1 Betta
2 Apple Snails

25l:
7 Female Endlers

So I have some questions:

I think I'm reasonably stocked on the 60l. However, could I:
- add some kind of centrepiece fish, such as Dwarf Gourami
- Up my schools (Say 2 more corys and 2 more Black Phantoms)
- Add a school of 6 ember tetras (I think this is pushing it)

For the 25l:
- Simply, is there anything I can add?

For the 30l:
- Same as above, the betta as docile, has lived with Apple Snails, ADFs and Endlers and only flared once :)

And for all the tanks - can I add any khuli loaches?

Thanks, please don;t hate me for the title.

Jonty
 
I felt my blood pressure go up when I read that title. Don't do that to me Jonty!!!!:shout::lol:
 
well, may not be such a stupid question after all, yes, you can keep 3 goldfish in a 10 gal, its true! doesnt say anything about what affect it will have on them though
 
I'm joking, it's another boring stocking question! More of a general check-up really.

60l:

6 Black Phantom Tetra
5 Corys (2 Albino 3 Peppered)
4 Apple Snails
The above is fine
30l:
1 Betta
2 Apple Snails
Fine again

25l:
7 Female Endlers

So I have some questions:

I think I'm reasonably stocked on the 60l. However, could I:
- add some kind of centrepiece fish, such as Dwarf Gourami
- Up my schools (Say 2 more corys and 2 more Black Phantoms)
- Add a school of 6 ember tetras (I think this is pushing it)

For the 25l:
- Simply, is there anything I can add?
A pair of dwarf gouramis should be fine, as should upping the cories and phantom tetras, I wouldn't add the ember tetras though. the 25 litre is pushing it already, so dont add anything else.
For the 30l:
- Same as above, the betta as docile, has lived with Apple Snails, ADFs and Endlers and only flared once
smile.gif


And for all the tanks - can I add any khuli loaches?

you could try a group of 4 khuli loaches in the 60 litre, they put very little strain on the bioload, so they should be fine.
 
Which of these stockings is best (for the 60l)

1.:
8 Corys
8 Black Phantom Tetra

2:
6 Corys
4 Khuli Loach
8 Black Phantom Tetra

3:
6 Corys
2 Dwarf Gourami
6 Black Phantom Tetra

4:
6 Corys
2 Dwarf Gourami
6 Black Phantom Tetra
4 Khuli Loach

5:
6 Corys
6 Khuli Loach
6 Black Phantom Tetra

Thanks, Jonty
 
1.:
1 Dwarf Gourami
8 Corys
8 Black Phantom Tetra

What Cories are you keeping? 8 might be too much depending on the breed. :)
 
So no Khuli Loach? :(

BTW I'm keeping 2 Albino and 3 Peppered Corys,and would have 5 Peppered and 3 Albino - I want to breed the peppered corys :)
 
Could I have 4-6 Khuli in the 30l with the Betta? Or even on their own?
 
Possibly 3, thought they might not have much room to swim, i decided against having Khulis in 25L for that reason.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top