Can i have a L066 AND and bristlenose

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Nichola_C

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I've got a 123l tank, I love my fish but my heart belongs to a L066. Ive wanted one for ages and I think I'm going to get one.

HOWEVER I'm getting alot of brown algea and was thinking of getting a bristlenose to help tackle.

Could I get both?

Failing that I could get my L066 and then get some siamese algea eaters

Definitely don’t get the algae eaters. They are crazy aggressive and get huge.

What are the dimensions of the tank? I’ve heard Plecos can get aggressive, but I’ve never tried to put two I’m one tank.

I've got a 123l tank, I love my fish but my heart belongs to a L066. Ive wanted one for ages and I think I'm going to get one.

HOWEVER I'm getting alot of brown algea and was thinking of getting a bristlenose to help tackle.

Could I get both?

if you like nerite snails they help out a little and are cool looking. make sure you have a lot of algae though, they need to surviev

What are the dimensions of the tank? I’ve heard Plecos can get aggressive, but I’ve never tried to put two I’m one tank.
Oh really....thanks for the tip.

Well I want my L066, so ill have to think of another algea clearing option. I've heard snails are good?? But ill need to do some more research on snails, thats a whole other level lol

I have a fluval flex 123L

Well I want my L066, so ill have to think of another algea clearing option. I've heard snails are good?? But ill need to do some more research on snails, thats a whole other level lol

Snails also produce tons of waste. The best way to get rid of algae, is to figure out what the issues is, not get more fish.

Tank is only a few months, so it might just be from the Nitrite boom ? I had the other week.
Or maybe its not that much of an issue, maybe it just looks more because its on a new tank that was all shiny and new.

I will investigate the reasons for algea now before I do anything. Thanks

otos and hilsream loaches aernt that aggresive right/'

neerite snails are very easy to take care of. no need for food, just ned enough algae. i have one and she is living her best life in my 75 gallon. my tankk has a decent amount of algae on rocks. and yes they eat brown algae. makes strange marks on glass though. seems they are farming the algae

Could I get both?

I wouldn't put two plecos together, they can be mean to each other.

I would do snails, I love my mystery snails, as help but adding more animals means more waste so your issue might just get worse.

Definitely stay away from Algae Eaters. They are massive and mean. I have 4 that are around 7 inches each in my smaller tank, 29 gallons, and I am trying to figure out what to do with them lol

I wouldn't put two plecos together, they can be mean to each other.

I would do snails, I love my mystery snails, as help but adding more animals means more waste so your issue might just get worse.

Definitely stay away from Algae Eaters. They are massive and mean. I have 4 that are around 7 inches each in my smaller tank, 29 gallons, and I am trying to figure out what to do with them lol
i love my nerite snail, shes so big now!

OK thanks everyone....I think I will stick with my L066 as that's the whole reason I got back into tropical fish. I love my plecos.

I will look into why ive got an algea boom first and maybe some snails later ??

Love this forum, its like I get talked down off a ledge from making a mistake hahaha

OK thanks everyone....I think I will stick with my L066 as that's the whole reason I got back into tropical fish. I love my plecos.

I will look into why ive got an algea boom first and maybe some snails later ??

Love this forum, its like I get talked down off a ledge from making a mistake hahaha
algae is because there is some nutrients. if algae is growing well plants are too. more plants: less algae (In my expericne)(

algae is because there is some nutrients. if algae is growing well plants are too. more plants: less algae (In my expericne)(
Don't hate me, but I have fake plants....im building my way up.... ive just added a huge bogwood, so maybe next step is to move over to real plants.

Don't hate me, but I have fake plants....im building my way up.... ive just added a huge bogwood, so maybe next step is to move over to real plants.
I've never had a big problem with algae but my tanks have always been thick jungles, never fake plants. I agree that real plants help with algae.

that may be the problem, but brown algae is not plants, its diatoms. real platns suck up the nutrients that algae likes so the ecosystem needs less algae. anubias or marimo algae moss balls are good, marimos are algae so it fights the bad algae, marimos dont grow everywhere.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back