Can i add this fish?

mostanks

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Paracyprichromis_nigripinnis_m1.jpg

how big do these get,i saw the name on cichlidmasters stocklist and would like to order one if it is compatible w/my fish.
1-n.pulcher
1-n.nigriventris
1-alto comp
1-alto calvus
these are all in a 29g,i may upgrade but not sure.what do you think.
well,goin home so i won't see any reply's til monday(not online at home anymore  :(  :p )

Hey Most,
That looks to be Paracyprichromis nigripinnis.

Hate to be the one to give you bad news, but no it will not work in your 29. Here is why:

1. Paracyprichromis and Cyprichromis sp. are schooling fish. They NEVER do well in groups of less than 6. 8-10 is ideal.

2. Given the fact they are schooling fish, they need plenty of room to swim. They are constantly on the move. A tank of no less than 4ft IMO is required for these fish for them to feel comfortable and at ease.

Wish I could have had better news for you, but I am one who will never say "it will do fine" to make a sale. Just not my way.

party pooper patry pooper cichlidmaster is a party pooper :lol:
well that just figures.
you have a nice selection there CM :thumbs:
just need some more research time. :fun:

mostanks. why a party pooper? you know you can always get a big enough tank if you're really set on some of them. ;) lol

i was just kidding,i actually take CM'S advice very serious.

hey cichlidmaster!!! you do know i was kidding?right :unsure: ?

as far as a bigger tank :D man i just gave away 2-55g tank,stands and hoods.coz it was pretty clear that my floors couldn't handle the weight :eek:
so i'm left w/my 90g,30g and 29g tank.
so now i just try and cram as many fish as i can into these small tanks lol
(that was another joke). :fun:

should have got rid of the two smaller ones and kept the 55 g's m8. you know you're goping to end up getting a bigger tank or two anyway. lol
PS I know your just kidding . :p

actually the 2 smaller tanks were the replacements :(
and although i do regret giving them up,i know i had to. :/
:fun: :fun: :fun: big or small tanks i love them all :lol:

well it's better than (yeah 3 of theses will do fine in a 29g sam) ;)

Most reactions

Back