Can I Add 2 South American Puffers?

LolaLouie

Fish Addict
Joined
Dec 3, 2007
Messages
792
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
London
Current Stock:

4 Pentazona barbs
5 Cockatoos (juveniles- selling when older)
3 Angelfish
4 African Dwarf Frogs
6 Corydoras
2 Plecos (gold nugget juvie and L168)
4 Amano shrimp


I have read websites so please could you base your answers on personal knowledge and experience.

Thanks :good:
 
Hi LolaLouie
SAP's are best kept to species tanks really or with fast moving larger species,
with regards to your other fish, the amano shrimp would be a nice snack for a SA puffer and the rest would probably get their fins shredded at some point.
 
Oh ok.. thanks.. would it make a difference if I got the SA puffer as a baby?
 
Oh ok.. thanks.. would it make a difference if I got the SA puffer as a baby?

not really, think of them as an aggressive lone tiger barb with teeth,
anything slow moving, i.e. your angelfish would simply be too tempting and would soon get nipped
 

Most reactions

Back
Top