Can Anyone Recommend?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

TekFish

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a co2 system for a tank between 180 and 200 litres please? I wanted to do a heavily planted SA biotope like on tropical website ;)

Tek oot.

Is there any other option?

Tek oot.

well that one costs about £100 to set up, or you can buy a kit for like £600 

You could always dose excel or equivalent, but that would cost more than the FE setup, unless you want to take other risks and play with chemicals.

There are occasionally CO2 set ups going second hand if the price is the issue.

+1 on the FE co2 setup 100% safe and perfect for the aquarium your plants will love you 

Hmmm. Well. I'll have to see, I won't be doing the FE setup, unless my dad can do it.

Tek oot.

TekFish said:
Hmmm. Well. I'll have to see, I won't be doing the FE setup, unless my dad can do it.
Tek oot.
Check out my link below.
Pressurized co2 Equipment Flow and Fertilization

I'm afraid I can't do an FE, is there something else?

Tek oot.

Welding gas bottle sets, paintball sets.

It would help if we knew the reason why not the fire extinguisher. I'm aware that it's often house owners or other halves saying no to large, bright red things with warning labels on them.

It's not standard. That's the main reason.

Tek oot.

Instead of a fire extinguisher you can get `proper` co2 cylinders, usually you pay a deposit and then just pay for refills. Do a Google search for suppliers in your area. Have a look at boc gases or search for hobby gas co2.
I got a cylinder from planted tanks in Selby and just pay 15 for refill every few months

Fire extinguishers are perfectly safe to use and are pretty much standard for planted tank enthusiasts

http://www.boconline.co.uk/en/products-and-supply/industrial-gases/inert-gases/carbon-dioxide/carbon-dioxide.html

My dad wants to buy a kit, and we were looking at JBL.

Tek oot.

TekFish said:
My dad wants to buy a kit, and we were looking at JBL.

Tek oot.

I'd get that. In your position the best bet it is to get the brand you like at the cheapest you can pay - It will be the only way to keep your Dad's mind at ease.

But in the broader sense, for when you're in charge - rest assured that there's no way on earth that people who use CO2 day to day would use something like JBL etc - They're goning to choose a brand that has something to do with pressurised gas equipment in the first place.....IMO ;)

i know where your coming from about parents not letting you have a CO2 system... i had to run a DIY yeast one for my tank when i had it set up, a pain in the ass, id of loved a FE one... but they were touchy about a gas bottle in my room...  but yeast and excel  works ok 

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back