Can Anyone Help Me Identify These Fish

firstthebanker

New Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2008
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi everyone.

Does anbody know what these are called.


P1010065.jpg


Its not the Red Rainbows or Herotilapia Multispinosa

Short Video

Thanks in advance

firstthebanker
 
Sorry which do you want to know? You should stick a nice big red circle around the one you want an ID for.
 
Hi, sorry if I did not make it clear enough, I did say "Its not the Red Rainbows or Herotilapia Multispinosa", that just leaves the fish with strips.

Thanks

firstthebanker
 
I could see 4 species, so eliminating 2 didnt help but could be wrong.

To me, they look a bit like mature odessa barbs.

25009507.JPG


*Edit*

Or possibly a 'clown' barb.

clown-barb-3.jpg
 
If it helps the shop had some adults and they were about 4 to 5 inches maybe bigger, I would go back to the shop but it is over 60 miles awayand I actually went for the Herotilapia, but liked the look of these some got 6 of these aswell. LOL

They dont have any of the little tenderills in the mouth region.

firstthebanker
 
Yup, video seems to back the Clown Barb idea.
 
If it helps they have a Red edge to the tail fin and the same red edge to the anal fin. Do they grow as large as the shop said?

firstthebanker
 
Are they Spanner Barbs
They look very much like.
Regards
BigC
 

Most reactions

Back
Top