Can Any1 Help Me I.d This As A Glass Polyp?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
*glass anenome* heres a link to my journal which has the picture on the last post, if any1 could help me i.d it id be most grateful.

http://www.fishforum...st-marine-tank/

Aiptasia anemone. Can reach plague proportions, though mine never achieve this. I'll have the odd one here and there. Yours has found a hole. If you want to kill it, best route in that case is to just simply cover the hole with a coral expoxy, very Cask of Amontillado. :lol:

Others take soldering irons to them, joe's juice, Aiptasia X, lemon juice, hot and/or cold blasts of water, removal of rock, etc...

Generally consider a pest anemone, non-photosynthetic, and very hardy.

*glass anenome* heres a link to my journal which has the picture on the last post, if any1 could help me i.d it id be most grateful.

http://www.fishforum...st-marine-tank/

Aiptasia anemone. Can reach plague proportions, though mine never achieve this. I'll have the odd one here and there. Yours has found a hole. If you want to kill it, best route in that case is to just simply cover the hole with a coral expoxy, very Cask of Amontillado. :lol:

Others take soldering irons to them, joe's juice, Aiptasia X, lemon juice, hot and/or cold blasts of water, removal of rock, etc...

Generally consider a pest anemone, non-photosynthetic, and very hardy.

3rd person to confirm it as aiptasia now, cheers for replying think im going to try aiptasia x as theres plenty of other holes in this rock also :( so sad my 1st experience with marine life and its bloody aiptasia lol

Yup defo Aips.

I never found Aip X to work. I used to heat an old screwdriver and dig them out & then miliput over the hole.

DIE AIPS DIE!!!!!!!!

Yup defo Aips.

I never found Aip X to work. I used to heat an old screwdriver and dig them out & then miliput over the hole.

DIE AIPS DIE!!!!!!!!
ill defo consider this approach if the aiptasia x doesnt work... he's easy enough to reach which is a good thing, although it makes me wonder what if they appear on the underside of my rocks! ill never see the buggers
crazy.gif

just remember to be quick and do it in one motion - these nasty little buggers will shoot down the hole if you disturb them so you need to have the aip x ready and just go for it without delay!

just remember to be quick and do it in one motion - these nasty little buggers will shoot down the hole if you disturb them so you need to have the aip x ready and just go for it without delay!
oh ill be striking with vengeance and fury, without delay and hesitation! IT SHALL DIE!
ninja.gif
shifty.gif

oh ill be striking with vengeance and fury, without delay and hesitation! IT SHALL DIE!
ninja.gif
shifty.gif

The aiptasia better be afraid, very afraid...

My first "life' were colonial hydroid worms and a majano. Still haven't zapped him yet, though I think I should consider it.

L

ninja.gif
shifty.gif

The aiptasia better be afraid, very afraid...

My first "life' were colonial hydroid worms and a majano. Still haven't zapped him yet, though I think I should consider it.

L

that sounds abit nastier than my problem
crazy.gif

[font="Verdana]update: 09/03/2012: Aiptasia-X came and i killed it! muahahahah[/font][/color][img]http://www.fishforums.net/public/style_emoticons/default/devil.gif[/img][color="#222222"][font="Verdana] [/font]

YOU MURDERER! They're so little and defenseless! Monster!! The Horror!

:lol:

I must kill majanos soon.

L

defenseless?!.. the buggers can repopulate faster than me if i wasnt careful
wahey.gif
have u got a picture of ur nasty?.. (learning here see ;))

[font="Verdana]update: 09/03/2012: Aiptasia-X came and i killed it! muahahahah[/font][/color][img]http://www.fishforums.net/public/style_emoticons/default/devil.gif[/img][color="#222222"][font="Verdana] [/font]

YOU MURDERER! They're so little and defenseless! Monster!! The Horror!

:lol:

I must kill majanos soon.

L

defenseless?!.. the buggers can repopulate faster than me if i wasnt careful
wahey.gif
have u got a picture of ur nasty?.. (learning here see ;))

Not really, he's one of those majanos that almost looks like a paly, so he's actually kind of pretty and blends in. But he must die. I'll take a few pictures with a good camera tomorrow.

L

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back