Cameras

As a profesional Photographer,

I wish I had A dollar for everytime this was asked of me. "which camera is best?"
and my answer is always,whichever YOU feel most comfortable with.

Ive used alot of the big names,and have used Nikon for the past 25 years,why? because its suits ME!
I have seen time and time again,people thinking that if i have "xyz" that will make me better,so with that logic,does that make those driving expensive cars better drivers.no. There was a guy who walked around Bath&Bristol UK,taking some awesome shots,with a .............wheelie bin!!(thats a pretty large "trash can").

I Love that Nikon and Canon are knocking themselves out trying to be the best,brilliant for us!

Just some pearls of wisdom that have never left me:

If your photos arent good enough,you aint close enough
check check check check and check again your settings,when youve done that,check and check again. (in the days of film)

Know your equipment, if you are earning your living as a photographer,you got to know how to fix it when,not if,because it will goes wrong

and my all time favourite

God only uses onE light,and look at what he can do!! , Just cant wait to see his powerpoint slide show someday,imagine that!

but the short answer to your question, Nikon D40/X

check out www.kenrockwell.com good impartial advice

cheers

OMG trublu im starting a new thread you should soo read and join in!
its going to be called stupid theings people ask about cameras!

G'day,

I managed various photolabs back in Sydney for 10 odd(very odd sometimes) years and have some very funny stories,they still have me laughing today!!

The other thing is while working ,photographing a wedding its amazing what people will ask you and help them with RIGHT in the middle of taking a shot!!!, you just have to laugh . :rofl:

got the giggles now just remembering stuff!!!

Me again,

Nakomis90, absolutely love the pic of the puppy,(pic.1.) just see it as a poster,/card/calender etc. :good:

Yeah it on almost every photo site im on lol!
hes my baby!
my first ever shot with my first ever canon!
hes a cutie!
im still working on the lighting on it!

sometimes the first are always the best.

one thing I would do is embed it with a copyright logo/watermark thingie as its the sort of shot that would be stolen and used for lots of different things,depriving you out of a fair bit of money

sometimes the first are always the best.

one thing I would do is embed it with a copyright logo/watermark thingie as its the sort of shot that would be stolen and used for lots of different things,depriving you out of a fair bit of money

It was stolen a while back...
:(
but we took the pratts to court ;)
i have the original so im not that stupid....(saying that ive just realised thats the full sized image :eek:)

this is very true ;)
i am alot more into photoshop lol its amazing what you can do with things hehe! :)

photoshop is an amazing tool,mind you I only use(because thats all i know) about 5% of its potential. That's one of the things with the digital age, you can loose so many hours editing your photos. lot of fun tho, and its a buzz to learn new things with it. Just think whats it going to be like in 20- 30 yrs time? mind boggles

photoshop is an amazing tool,mind you I only use(because thats all i know) about 5% of its potential. That's one of the things with the digital age, you can loose so many hours editing your photos. lot of fun tho, and its a buzz to learn new things with it. Just think whats it going to be like in 20- 30 yrs time? mind boggles

wow thats scary!
:S

Ooh there is a lot of fighting going on here! Did you get a camera yet, pinkdolphin? I bought my first dslr a few months back, a Nikon D40X. Got it on the internet for about £380 with a basic 18-55 lens. Then i got me a zoom lens for it off ebay for £90, shop price is about £250! The problem with this camera is that if you want the lens to autofocus then you have to buy the specific Nikon lens for this, but that said, the camera and lens are amazing and if you shop around you can get them for a decent price. Let me know if you are considering this camera, and I will send you a few example pics I have taken with my camera... and i have not yet learnt how to manage the settings manually, so I am pretty impressed with the pictures I am getting!

Most reactions

Back