C02 And 55G Tank Question

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

hogfan

Reaction score
I am thinking of doing a DIY C02 setup for my 55g but I keep seeing that the DIY version is best for 30g and less. So I couldnt go with a larger plastic bottle and more ingredients? My tank is not heavily planted at all. Thanks.

I am thinking of doing a DIY C02 setup for my 55g but I keep seeing that the DIY version is best for 30g and less. So I couldnt go with a larger plastic bottle and more ingredients? My tank is not heavily planted at all. Thanks.
why do you want to go DIY? pressurized would be better in the long run. (it would cost about the same as well if you used a FE) sugar and yeast cost's add up.

it would work just about to use a yeast set up and instead of going for bigger bottles do lots of small ones and stagger them so that 1 bottle is changed a week that way you dont have a rise and fall as fermentation picks up and drops off :good:

Well, I thought the pressurized systems were alot more expensive than a DIY setup. To be honest I dont want to go DIY on this one but I dont want to spend alot more money for a while. I would much rather have a pressurized setup for my tank.

Well, I thought the pressurized systems were alot more expensive than a DIY setup. To be honest I dont want to go DIY on this one but I dont want to spend alot more money for a while. I would much rather have a pressurized setup for my tank.
do the maths FE is about £15 regulator about £50 ~ the FE should last a year or more.. your replacing 200Grams of sugar a week ~ it works out about the same the pressurized might cost a little more for start up but after a year it covers the costs as you'll be spending more than £15 on sugar a year :good:

Okay, I have got to ask a silly question. When you say "FE" are you referring to Iron?

My FE set up cost less than £50 Inc everything and my last one cast about £20 I think.

Oh no, I forgot about that! Hahahaha.........Yeah, I could see using one of those and they would last a long time. I have 3 of the 20oz paintball cylinders from my daughters paintball stuff that are still good so had originally thought about going that route and getting a regulator with a solenoid.

I may just go that route then because I can always have the other 20oz tanks as a backup while using one and I wont have the hassle of a DIY setup. Thanks for the advice.

:good: mike mine was only that cheap as I waited for an international seller to give free postage and I kind of get FE's for free or very little ;).

Most reactions

Back