Buying New Fish, Need Advice Please.

beany_bot

Fish Crazy
Joined
Apr 21, 2008
Messages
268
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Loch Lomond, Scotland.
Hi guys, im going to buy a Carcharodon carcharias (hopefully male) from my LFS and I have a 5 gallon all set up and ready to go and i have bought some fish flakes to feed him. hopefully get a bredding pair soon and have little babies, be so cute. Is there any special things i need to know about this fish?. I have put in a few rocks and some weeds so he can hide if he gets scared at night.
 
Hi guys, im going to buy a Carcharodon carcharias (hopefully male) from my LFS and I have a 5 gallon all set up and ready to go and i have bought some fish flakes to feed him. hopefully get a bredding pair soon and have little babies, be so cute. Is there any special things i need to know about this fish?. I have put in a few rocks and some weeds so he can hide if he gets scared at night.
:lol:
 
Hi guys, im going to buy a Carcharodon carcharias (hopefully male) from my LFS and I have a 5 gallon all set up and ready to go and i have bought some fish flakes to feed him. hopefully get a bredding pair soon and have little babies, be so cute. Is there any special things i need to know about this fish?. I have put in a few rocks and some weeds so he can hide if he gets scared at night.
you might need to add a few humans to the feeding list :hyper: . and i am sure i heard they like to chew on boats, so that might be worth a look too. but the tank size may need looking at, as it matures it might just need a bigger tank. perhaps one more like the size of the Pacific or Atlantic oceans :good:
 
Hi guys, im going to buy a Carcharodon carcharias (hopefully male) from my LFS and I have a 5 gallon all set up and ready to go and i have bought some fish flakes to feed him. hopefully get a bredding pair soon and have little babies, be so cute. Is there any special things i need to know about this fish?. I have put in a few rocks and some weeds so he can hide if he gets scared at night.
you might need to add a few humans to the feeding list :hyper: . and i am sure i heard they like to chew on boats, so that might be worth a look too. but the tank size may need looking at, as it matures it might just need a bigger tank. perhaps one more like the size of the Pacific or Atlantic oceans :good:

Ohh, I was just going to "overfilter" the tank. Yeah, that should work
 
am i the only one who had to google Carcharodon carcharias :blush:
 
:no:

i'm about as far removed from a film buff as it's possible to be!!
 
I ordered a Rhincodon typus, do you think I should quarantine it? Can I borrow a tank? Maybe I could share with your fish.
 
5 should be enough for a little while...as these fish reach lengths of 20 feet.



also, i love the killer whale in your avatar! is that yours?? what setup is it in?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top