buying bettas

purdypinay

Reaction score
im going to buy another betta tomorrow....from a pet store...how do i know which one to pick?

Pick the one which is most active and responsive. Check the finnage, make sure theres no fin rot or other diseases.

:thumbs:

P.T.

I've read that bettas kept in those small cups could be unhealthy? how much damage could the betta have suffered in there? and why is the water blue whenever i buy one from the store? and should i add anything (besides water conditioning) in the water just incase of possible illness? how does salt water help?

It is unhealthy to keep them in the small cups. However, once you bring them home to a bigger space, they will usually brighten up and be really cheerful after a few days :D . The blue water is a med used to preven illness inside. A good try, but it would be better if they just gave them bigger spaces :/ .

I usually don't add anything myself, so can't help you there :X

P.T.

Kamusta ka!

You should first pick out the color(s) that you find attractive.
Then from those, pick out the one that responds to you the most.

There are other things to consider, but I'd have to go into detail.
The two ways I showed you are the most basic.

Well first of all, avoid the pet stroes with a real bad odor coming from the water... :no: ...hold the betta cup up and just check around its whole body... Does it have clear eyes? Are the fins alert and full? Is it active? Check for signs of illnesses and its scales should be nice and bright (unless its in muggy water)... You should just know by instinct really. :nod:

purdypinay said:
I've read that bettas kept in those small cups could be unhealthy? how much damage could the betta have suffered in there? and why is the water blue whenever i buy one from the store? and should i add anything (besides water conditioning) in the water just incase of possible illness? how does salt water help?
Water conditioning is a must for all bettas.. it would hel to add a teeny bit of aquarium salt.. that would help with gill functioning, and it also helps color to be more bright a bit. :nod:

i put salt the 2 bottles from big als yellow and blue and like half the amount of betta basics :p keeps him a hell of alot brighter now

Most reactions

Back