Butterfly Fish

Queen Bee

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jul 3, 2008
Messages
230
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Markham Ontario
I am very interested in getting the butterfly fish for my 10 gallon. I was going to get a ram to be tank mates with him. However, I am not sure that the water here will be good for the butterfly fish.

My water is very hard (180) and kh is very low (0 - 50) I have added some coral to stop ph from dropping below 6.

Read in forum species index, they like soft water. Am I just going to be disappointed as my conditions will not be good for the fish? Should I be looking for something else. Really love those fish
 
Chances are, it will be acclimated to you local water conditions, depending on where you got it. However, considering how hard your water is, it may be ill quite frequently, and may succumb to alkalosis (spelling?) depending, again, on where it came from. You might want to soften your water alot.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top