Butterfly Betta looking rough ?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

FloridaChick

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have been so busy making sure my larger tank fish are healthy with their new sand and baby bettas althat I didn't notice my Male Betta looking awful?
I gave him a bath in methylene blue last night and this morning but am nervous so I put him in another tank with the methylene blue in it and a heater. Wow! That stuff is insane dye, in case you ever want to be blue, like forever ? ? ? Is this enough blue??? I also add about a teaspoon of aquarium salt. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 20210414_125029.jpg
    20210414_125029.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 20210414_162703.jpg
    20210414_162703.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 20210414_162742.jpg
    20210414_162742.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 67
One of my betta, a rescue from the cup prison- had fin rot and ich when I found him. It's hard to tell what's going on with yours from the picture. Could you describe his symptoms and water parameters will also help someone give advice as well

One of my betta, a rescue from the cup prison- had fin rot and ich when I found him. It's hard to tell what's going on with yours from the picture. Could you describe his symptoms and water parameters will also help someone give advice as well
OK, I am a real novice here. The females and other fish in my other tank are doing well so I am trying ? Symptoms are he looks awful ? This is my other tank.

Attachments

• 20210414_180038.jpg
    20210414_180038.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 51
I would test the water, keep up with changes and be sure to not overfeed as it could cause more bacteria, if that is what's wrong. I'm not sure about the use of the blue dye, I've never used it. But there are other posts about bettas with fin rot and ich, if you dig a bit you might be able to find pictures of other fish with similar symptoms and see how they treated their fish and also see advice from others who are more experienced with fish medications like the one you are using. I'm sorry I can't help more, I hope your betta gets better! Poor guy ?

I would test the water, keep up with changes and be sure to not overfeed as it could cause more bacteria, if that is what's wrong. I'm not sure about the use of the blue dye, I've never used it. But there are other posts about bettas with fin rot and ich, if you dig a bit you might be able to find pictures of other fish with similar symptoms and see how they treated their fish and also see advice from others who are more experienced with fish medications like the one you are using. I'm sorry I can't help more, I hope your betta gets better! Poor guy ?
Thanks! I put him in a separate tank with a little methylene blue and put him back in the tank and he seems ok.

Most reactions

trending

Back