Burramundi In A 200L Tank (Bad Or Ok)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

OcTiCs

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
A month ago i had a barrimundi at 10cm long in a 200L tank. I ended up getting rid of him by taking him to a local aquarium store and they took him. The reason i gave him away was because it would eat anything smaller then him which made it hard to get the fish that i wanted in my tank.

Is it bad or cruel to have a barramundi in a 200L tank because of how big they can grow to?
Will they just simply stop growing at a certain age depending on the size of the tank like other fish?
Can they out grow their tank?

OcTiCs said:
A month ago i had a barrimundi at 10cm long in a 200L tank. I ended up getting rid of him by taking him to a local aquarium store and they took him. The reason i gave him away was because it would eat anything smaller then him which made it hard to get the fish that i wanted in my tank.

Is it bad or cruel to have a barramundi in a 200L tank because of how big they can grow to? Yes.
Will they just simply stop growing at a certain age depending on the size of the tank like other fish?  Yes but this is called stunting their growth and is painful to the fish. It is generally frowned upon in these forums.
Can they out grow their tank? No but they will become stunted.

Hope ole this helps answer your questions mate! :)

Ok thanks for the information

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back