Bumble Bee Goby

a pair of german rams,2 angelic botia loaches,2 rubber lip plecs,1 clown plec,a pair of swordtails,3 mollies,and a fire belly newt.still not sure if i'm going to do it.i got a post in the oddballs section from nmonks saying his main concern would be feeding them.


this is a complete wrong mix u cant keep bbg's in with this
 
I've had bumblebees in totally freshwater setups for years now. Originally I had a few in a tank with dwarf puffers, but there are now a group of four of them in a tank with a betta. I would like to set them up in a low-salinity brackish tank eventually.

My experience with them is they are bulletproof fish - aside from one which totally vanished soon after introduction, I've never had any issues with them to speak of. The only thing they really eat is frozen bloodworms though. I wouldn't suggest them for a community tank, but for a small tank with other stock that need frozen food (scarlet badis, dwarf puffer, african dwarf frog, etc), they are ideal.

With your tank stock though, I'd say no. The botias and livebearers are greedy fish, and will probably eat all the frozen food before the bumblebees find it. As an aside, the newt can't live in a tropical tank, and will die early as a result of being in one.
 
the newt has interesting story but their is no need to tell it because it's a long one.he is 12 years old and very rarely goes to the top for water.somehow he has adapted and i can't explain it.nmonks gave me some advice as what to feed them and i told him i would not get the bbg until i was sure i could adequatly feed them.i'm going to lfs tomorrow to research the foods he mentioned.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top