bug larvae, in the cattle tank

Magnum Man37 152

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Joined
Jun 21, 2023
Messages
7,661
Reaction score
6,918
Points
113
Location
Southern MN
aside from the mosquito larvae, that seem to be in every tank right now, I’m noticing many different ones in the 200 gallon water tank… this appears to be a live blood worm… ( there was many, on top before refilling the tank ) I may need to net some bugs out of the animal water tanks… anything negative to look out for???
IMG_9644.webp
 
Last edited:
That's a whole world. I wish I could know more about the creatures in the water.

Bloodworms show up in my live food cultures, as they're fly/midge larvae that just look like worms. I get various beetles, some of which can kill and eat fish. Ditto for my favourites, dragon fly larvae.

We probably have different water bugs given the difference in our habitats, but I can see why people set up tanks just to see what appears from them for nature.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top