Bubble Nest Time!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Caprichoso

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just wanted to share my excitement. My male Honey Gourami started building a bubble nest today! Here's what I think prompted it. Initially, I had 1 male and 2 females in my 140 gallon. One of the females started to get really dominated by the other female and the male would not leave her alone. I took the weak female out and put her in my 30 gallon where she was all by herself. She feasted on baby shrimp and her colours really improved and she became quite plump. I added another female as a friend to the 30 gallon. 4 days ago, I transferred both females back to my 140 gallon to see what would happen and if they would get along. The male got really dark all of a sudden and began investigating the new girls, lol. The one female that was from the 30 g started getting darker in coIor too. I did a 50% water change last night.
This morning the male was hanging out at the top left corner and I noticed a fairly large bubble nest. He's guarding the area really well too. My Pearl Gourami are leaving the area alone which is pretty amazing since that was their territory. Can't wait to see what happens next!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back