Bubble Counter

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I dont use bubble counters. Instead i use drop checkers. They are pretty accurate and give a continous reading of how much CO2 is in your tank.

The bubble counter is a good idea on Nutrafins anyway as then the snot build up you get at the end of the CO2 line in the tank forms in the bubble counter instead.

Andy

I dont use bubble counters. Instead i use drop checkers. They are pretty accurate and give a continous reading of how much CO2 is in your tank.

Im finding it quite hard to get a drop checker for a decent price. what did you pay?

I use both.

The bubble counter is an instant indication of CO2 dosing, real time.

Drop checker is a good indicator of dissolved CO2 in the water, but takes time to adjust to any changes.

Especially useful on a pressurized system where the bubble rate can be adjusted so easily i.e. you have a 2 year-old daughter who loves to play with everything!

I use both.

The bubble counter is an instant indication of CO2 dosing, real time.

Drop checker is a good indicator of dissolved CO2 in the water, but takes time to adjust to any changes.

Especially useful on a pressurized system where the bubble rate can be adjusted so easily i.e. you have a 2 year-old daughter who loves to play with everything!

According to that then bubble counter sounds best! I thought that on the Nutrafin system the ladder also acts as a bubble counter or is it not that accurate? Also will i need to purchase some more air line if im including the bubble counter?

Im finding it quite hard to get a drop checker for a decent price. what did you pay?
Like £3 off e-bay, but i got a good discount with combined shipping.

The Nutrafin diffuser is a bubble counter too. The advantage of using a separate bubble counter is to prevent the white gunk collecting and blocking the ladder "rungs". This is common when using DIY recipes in particular.

A drop checker is still a good idea, as an indicator of CO2 content. Bubble rate alone will not tell you that, of course.

Using a pH/KH kit and CO2 table is ok for most situations, but is not accurate enough for some.

Most reactions

Back