Bubble Bee Cat?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

miss_rawr

Reaction score
i recently got sold a fish that they called a bubble bee cat, (definately bubble not bumble) i'd never seen one before and decided to get it and then read up on him more afterwards...but i can't actually find any info on him :blink:

I'm sure it's a catfish because of his face..and i've got some pictures in case it's any help..but it's very very difficult to get a picture because he's VERY ACTIVE!
He seems to be nocturnal and loves to hide in dark places during the day

basically i was just wondering if anybody has got any info?
thanks a lot :flowers:

Attachments

• bubble_bee.jpg
    bubble_bee.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 137
  • bubble_bee2.jpg
    bubble_bee2.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 150
they like to hide a lot that is for sure. Dont know much about them since they are out when im asleep lol. I do drop sinkable pelets in the tank for him though. He is only about 2 1/2" though.

That's a bumble bee catfish, not sure which type though.

Give them plenty of hiding spots, pellets, blood worms and just about anything else will be devoured by them.

They can be quite aggressive at times, and defend their territory vigourisly.

A great catfish if it doesn't decide to attack other fish, or hide all day.

Give them plenty of hiding spots, pellets, blood worms and just about anything else will be devoured by them.

he's just been hiding under the little plant pot i have in my tank - been no trouble at all :)
thanks a lot for the info!

It appears to be one of the South American bumblebee cat species (there is also an Asian and African variety). None of the SA species get large and are peaceful with tankmates. I have been keeping these little guys for awhile now and they are a joy (when I see them, lol - they are hiders until food is dropped in or the tank lights are turned off). Below is a link for a little more info. Enjoy your "bubble"bee!

http://www.planetcatfish.com/cotm/cotm.php?article_id=91

It appears to be one of the South American bumblebee cat species (there is also an Asian and African variety). None of the SA species get large and are peaceful with tankmates. I have been keeping these little guys for awhile now and they are a joy (when I see them, lol - they are hiders until food is dropped in or the tank lights are turned off). Below is a link for a little more info. Enjoy your "bubble"bee!

[URL="http://www.planetcatfish.com/cotm/cotm.php?article_id=91"]http://www.planetcatfish.com/cotm/cotm.php?article_id=91[/URL]

thanks a lot for that! :good:

Wonder where you went man. You were so active from the looks of it.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back