Breeding Wcmm

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

tom_os

fish
Reaction score
i got 6 WCMM today that i want to breed. i think i have 4 males and 2 females. they are in a 30l tank at the moment and i want to raise the fry in a 20l i have.

should i move 1 male and 1 female into the 20l tank, let them lay their eggs and take them out? or move all of them to the 20l and when i see eggs take them out?

Is there anyway i can kind of prompt them to get in the egg laying mood. i know food helps?

i was thinking moveing onve 1 male and 1 female into the 20l feed them a fair bit etc. but i dont know if they are old enough to lay eggs yet?

can anyone help? thanks

There was a post on this in the coldwater section i think. Pippodle wrote it and it is really helpful try looking there :)

Just grow loads of plants in a tank put them in their for 10 days and remove them, you should hopefuly get some fry quick and easy.
You can rear the fry in with the adults but some will always get eaten.

A sudden water change is good, so what i did was grow plenty of plants in a tank, larger 50% water change then add the WCMM and they was off with in a 2 or two (some find they will even breed with in a houre of a move of tanks)

ok thanks. i think when i see some femals ready i will move them and males into the breeding tank and leave them a day of two then hope for the best

if possible split the males and females up for a week 1st and feed them up on lots of live foods, and get the females nice and fat, then put them together.

ok well i fed them frzen bloodworm just now and some are looking fat and some havnt changed so i am guessing the fat ones are the females. but this fat is just the worms yeah? it cant be eggs already can it?

i can move the males into the different tank now for a week i suppose. any reason for seperating them?

Just find separating then seams to make the males more intrested when putting them back, this is not so important with WCMM to be honest.

the eggs only take a few days to develop, but feeding them plenty just ensures they are well developed.

ok well i will keep an eye on them over the next few days, feeding them well and if the femals stay nice and plump i will put them in the breeding tank with some males

thanks

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back