Breeding Tank Decisions...

FishHobbyist1564

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jun 4, 2005
Messages
391
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hello I have bred many fish with a Bare-Bottom Tank, but I was thinking of a new theory...

If I were to breed my Angelfish, for example, (but I will also breed other fish in this tank also) do you think that gravel on the bottom will provide a better, prettier environment for the parents, making them more comfortable and tempted to breed? Or will the gravel just cause problems, such as losing eggs, babies, etc? The gravel is not too big, and they are not big stones, so the eggs probably cant slip through them easily, but who knows -- they probably can :rolleyes:

Every suggestion and opinion helps,
Thanks!
 
You need plants to breed angelfish. They spawn on the leaves of big plants. Right after angelfish spawn they will attack other fish that come around so its best to keep them away from other fish wile breeding.

Talk to Tolak about breeding angels, he knows everything.


What I know is that after they spawn you need to remove the eggs and put them in a bare bottom tank away from the parents. You can raise them in the new tank by feeding brine shrimp. I also understand that you will need a few 30g tanks or one really big one as they have 100-200 fry per batch and they need lots of room to grow.


So the moral of the story is that each fish have their own needs.
 
Thanks for the quick reply.

I know i need plants, and I've already got a bunch of info from Tolak quite a while ago.

I don't need info about breeding Angelfish, I'm just asking if I should have gravel or a bare-bottom tank.
 
Like I said, you need a gravel (or sand) in the main tank for them to breed. AND you need a bare bottom tank to raise the fry in.

So I guess you need both!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top