Breeding My Discus

Paradise3

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Ahh... I need some mesh that I can place over a rock for my Nannacara if they are bad with their eggs then :p

OP
OP
DevotedToDiscus

DevotedToDiscus

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Paradise3 said:
Ahh... I need some mesh that I can place over a rock for my Nannacara if they are bad with their eggs then :p
Or a stick with a Barbie hand attached!..........To smack their butts!!!

OP
OP
DevotedToDiscus

DevotedToDiscus

Fish Herder
Reaction score
swimmers_zpsa21f5484.jpg
[/URL]

The wrigglers have started to swim, but not all good news, as a large number of them have deformed spines. I have researched this, and it seems to be quite common in captive breeding. Unfortunately I can't find any definitive answers as to why this happens, so if it is something I have done, I don't know what it is.
confused.gif

Zante

Fish Herder
Reaction score
If it's common in caprive breeding, I wonder if it's just common, also in nature, and then natural selection takes over...

OP
OP
DevotedToDiscus

DevotedToDiscus

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Zante said:
If it's common in caprive breeding, I wonder if it's just common, also in nature, and then natural selection takes over...
Very likely. 

OP
OP
DevotedToDiscus

DevotedToDiscus

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Seems like Mum and Dad treated themselves to a fry'd breakfast! 
angry.png

I guess they knew that the fry weren't strong. I still have no idea if I did something wrong, or it was just bad luck!??! Put them back into the main tank this morning, to give them a break. I have a new large tank being delivered on Friday, and this will become my main tank. So I have a plan to use my 450l tank as a breeding tank there after. I can partition it into 4 segments, and his should work really well.

I will start a separate thread on the new tank build, and then after that continue here with the conversion of my current main tank to breeding tank. 

Back soon!

OP
OP
DevotedToDiscus

DevotedToDiscus

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Picking this up again! I recently bought a new tank for my Discus, so my old 450l is now redundant. So I am going to turn it into a 3 bay breeding salon. I plan to drill the base out and have over flow pipes, which will double a breeding pipes. Also plumb in a sump filter and auto water changer.

The tank was previously on a wooden cabinet, which wouldn't work for my plan, and also got knackered when my filer leaked and flooded the base. So first job is to build a new stand. Woodwork is not in my repertoire, but fortunately metal work is
smile.png

So I bought some steel, and built a stand at my work.   

All it needs now is a lick of paint. 

IMG_1852_zpsb45eed9f.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_1854_zpse057ad59.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_1858_zps648ab7f9.jpg
[/URL]

rms

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
That's awesome.... Be great to see pictures step-by-step for the whole set up. "Breeding salon"
laugh.png

OP
OP
DevotedToDiscus

DevotedToDiscus

Fish Herder
Reaction score
rms said:
That's awesome.... Be great to see pictures step-by-step for the whole set up. "Breeding salon" :lol:
Will be sure to post everything. Hope to get started on it on Monday.

Jasperwolf

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I can't believe your patience! I'm only up to the 24th page and still no complete successes! I spent 2 and a half hours to get to there and I can't wait to come back and read the rest!

Most reactions

trending