Breeding Kribensis

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

apollo

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
my kribs are not spawning, which i think is because i have too many fish in the tank for them to defend their young. so i have moved pretty much all my fish now. apart from three which i couldnt catch(tetras). do you think they will breed now? (there are quite a few caves by the way).

thanks

I have been told it is best to have some small, fast (I think they are referred to as dither fish) swimmers such as neons so the males leave the other males alone gaurding their caves.

Hope someone else can confirm this as I am attempting to breed some myself.

All tips welcome.

I have been told it is best to have some small, fast (I think they are referred to as dither fish) swimmers such as neons so the males leave the other males alone gaurding their caves.

Hope someone else can confirm this as I am attempting to breed some myself.

All tips welcome.

they should be ok then i know they are a pair because theyve done all the shaking and showing off they follow each other everywhere now. so i guess they should be ok

by the way good luck!

thanks

If you, definatly have a male and female, when spawning they will go into a cave together lay eggs and bring them out. If you check for the eggs eg. moving a pot and having a look they will eat the eggs. A good diet, 20g tank, clean water etc. are what is needed.

Dithers are fast moving small fish yes, they give shy fish confidence to come out, so you can see them. The shy fish thinks there is no danger as tehy see the other fish swimming around so in turn come out. Also dithers can be used to divert fishes attention, from attacking their mate etc.

now i have sorted my fish out, my kribs are really showing off in front of the caves they have started really shaking and going colourfull again so how long do you think it will be before they start laying eggs and breeding?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back