Breeding Harlequin Rasboras

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

drobbyb

Bowhead
Reaction score
I noticed my rasboras earlier displaying to each other, so I decided to watch. Sure enough, they are laying eggs in my red ludwiga, and I haven't done anything special...

I've only had these fish a short time, and in that time my females grew plump, almost to the point where I was starting to worry. Harlequin rasboras are considered difficult to breed according to several articles on the internet, but mine are doing it unexpectedly and repeatedly.

Have any of you had success with breeding these little beauties?

I noticed my rasboras earlier displaying to each other, so I decided to watch. Sure enough, they are laying eggs in my red ludwiga, and I haven't done anything special...

I've only had these fish a short time, and in that time my females grew plump, almost to the point where I was starting to worry. Harlequin rasboras are considered difficult to breed according to several articles on the internet, but mine are doing it unexpectedly and repeatedly.

Have any of you had success with breeding these little beauties?

Wish mine would! I've had mine roughly a year in a group of 18 and never had anything close to egg laying!!

Good luck with yours bud :good:

Here's a link to my thread in the pictures section. In post #3 you can see a video with them actually spawning.

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/359459-new-fish-today-for-my-planted-project/

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back