Breeding Discus

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Just came home to find that the last of the fry have been eaten :'( But i plan onsetting up 29 gallon on monday.

w00t.gif
Congratulations. Fingers crossed they go all the way, keep us updated
good.gif
Thanks !!! I read your blog and i plan to use some of your advice from the blog once i set up a separate breeding tank. I will hopefully set up a 29 gallon on either sunday or monday. Sadly there are only about 5 fry left as they keep dissapearing into the plants. But i hope thwm being in a separate tank will help.
Thanks, Mark

Looks like you have a great pair there, and am sure when you get them alone in their own tank you will have great success. Nice work, I am looking forward to reading about it, and hope we can share some success
good.gif
Do let us know of any little changes you make, because I do believe it is often the little things that can make the big differences, and I am looking for all the tips and tricks I can find
wink.gif

Great job! Hopefully the pair learn their lesson this time around and not eat them, haha

What are those fish on the video with red faces and black and white tails? Nice fish.

Did I see Electric Blue Rams there too? :)

Great job! Hopefully the pair learn their lesson this time around and not eat them, haha

What are those fish on the video with red faces and black and white tails? Nice fish.

Those were rummy nose tetras, and yes i have a trio of electroc blue rams, a tri of german blue rams, and a pair of apistogramma agazzisi. :)

Those were rummy nose tetras, and yes i have a trio of electroc blue rams, a tri of german blue rams, and a pair of apistogramma agazzisi. :)

I've heard of Rummys but surprisingly it's the first time I've actually seen one! Sounds like a great tank!

Pretty similar to my tank. I have 4 Discus, 40 Cardinals and 6 'Super Blue' Rams. Theyre a mixed strain, beautiful fish. Went for those because my LFS sold Electric Blue pairs for £25 D: I'm after a Fire Red Agassizi pair too.

Keep up the good work :D

I've heard of Rummys but surprisingly it's the first time I've actually seen one! Sounds like a great tank!

Pretty similar to my tank. I have 4 Discus, 40 Cardinals and 6 'Super Blue' Rams. Theyre a mixed strain, beautiful fish. Went for those because my LFS sold Electric Blue pairs for £25 D: I'm after a Fire Red Agassizi pair too.

Keep up the good work :D

Just thought id share some pics of the tank the discus spawned in. I hope to have my 29 gallon breeding tank up by next week.
2012-04-06174039-1.jpg

2012-04-06174104.jpg

The breeding pair
2012-04-06174054.jpg

2012-04-06174154.jpg

And some random pics
2012-04-06174142.jpg

2012-03-20203714.jpg

2012-03-16185714-1-1-1.jpg

2012-03-01173206-1-1.jpg

2012-03-01171812.jpg

2012-02-29192426.jpg

tfffishofthemonth003-1.jpg

photobucket008.jpg

tropicalfishforumpics014.jpg

Most of the random pics were old pics if the 55

Just took out the divider and did a water change and low and behold they spawned again :lol: im a little disappointed as im having my b-day party tomorrow and wanted to show off my tank. But now theirs a big ugly separator in the middle lol. Well here is a pic.
2012-04-07175734.jpg

Got my 29 gallon today. Here is the breeding setup as it is now. I still need to get a bubble filter and heater which i will do next weekend.
2012-04-08133618.jpg

Finally finished my 29 gallon stand. Now all i need is a bubble filter and its discus worthy :lol: Hope to get the filter monday and might buy a few more discus for my main tank.
2012-04-14165228.jpg

I think this was the thread I've been looking for :)

Interesting read and looking forward to whatever comes next, if I can't keep discus then I can certainly keep up to date with someone else that keeps them :hyper: Can't wait to see the 29 gallon set up too :)

Just set up the 29 gallon breeding tank. Im going to put the pair in after everything settles.
2012-04-16122844.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back