breeding corys

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

the way i usually get my cory's to spawn is to start with feeding alot of meaty foods such as bloodworms and brine shrimp one to two times per day for a few weeks.. and once i notice that the females are becoming quite plump i add an extra airstone in the corner of my tank and do a big water change dropping the water from 76 degrees to 70 degrees or a little less in the evening, remmeber to unplug the heater.. and usually by the morning they are spawning laying eggs all over the tank. if this doesn't work i keep feeding, and do another big cool water change 2 days later until the spawn. once they spawn it is now another set of things u need to keep in mind.

once they spawn here is what i do... first of all i remove the eggs by rolling them off whatever the cory's have stuck it to.. then put it in a container, any old container will do as long as it's clean.. add water from the parents tank and add a few drops of meth blue until the water is a nice blue... add an airstone and do water changes 50% daily with water from the parents tank.. and presto.. u should have fry in about 3-5 days. after that wait 3 days until the yolk sac is used up and i start with feeding them microworms for the first week, then add frozen baby brine shrimp to the mix in week 2... make sure u keep up with the water changes.. that is one of the most imprtant thing in my mind... poor water conditions = dead fry. after feeding them the baby brine shrimp and micro worms.. they can graduate to finely crushed flakes or small shrimp pellets.. but that isn't until they are 2 or 3 weeks old. hope this can help you a little.. right now i have aeneus fry that are almost an inch long and looking like mini's of their parents

hope this can help you and anyone else who is planning on spawing their cory's.. what type of cory's are you planning on spawning???

those are one of the easiest cory's to spawn.. following aeneus as the easiest cory's.. just follow my little guidline and u should be set with more cory's then you know what to do with

Most reactions

Back