Brackish

Owned By Fish

New Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have 2 pink kissing gaurimi and 2 tiger barbs 2 bala sharks and a plecostomus,

i wanted to no if i could put a dragon goby or violet goby with all of them.

im worried about them being not brackish water fish. :ninja:


Thanks for help
 
Gourami's, tiger barbs, balas and plecos arnt brackish themselves to start with :)
 
Yes, violet goby's need brackish water if you want them to truly thrive
your other fish are obviously all freshwater
 
Gourami's, tiger barbs, balas and plecos arnt brackish themselves to start with :)

I think he knows that hence the question about whether a dragon goby can go in with them

This question was asked by me other week as Pier had them in as freshwater and I was going to get some for my brackish tank. NealeMonks confirmed that they are brackish and he seems to know everything about brackish fish so I would go with him on that one

Great looking fish though
 
Gourami's, tiger barbs, balas and plecos arnt brackish themselves to start with :)

I think he knows that hence the question about whether a dragon goby can go in with them

This question was asked by me other week as Pier had them in as freshwater and I was going to get some for my brackish tank. NealeMonks confirmed that they are brackish and he seems to know everything about brackish fish so I would go with him on that one

Great looking fish though


Well this line threw me
im worried about them being not brackish water fish.
... Sounds like hes worried about the goby being not-brackish so not coping in a brackish tank.
 
:wizard:

im not worried about the goby in brackish

but my other fish

can any of them live in lightly brackish water

thanks :wizard:
 
I think what everyone else is trying to say is that your gouramis and tiger barbs will not do as well with salt in the water. they dont have organs capable of dealing with salt in the water. IMO I wouldn't suggest it.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top