Botia Dario

Tim13

New Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2009
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Can a botia dario be put into a 10 gallon aquarium?
 
They could fit in the tank but it would be far to cramped for there liking. a 20 long or 30 would be ideal for them. The only loach I can see fitting in a 10 is a Coolie Loach which even then is a tight fit since they need 5+. Also Chain loach which grow only 2in would be recommended for a larger tank then 10.
 
They could fit in the tank but it would be far to cramped for there liking. a 20 long or 30 would be ideal for them. The only loach I can see fitting in a 10 is a Coolie Loach which even then is a tight fit since they need 5+. Also Chain loach which grow only 2in would be recommended for a larger tank then 10.

Well my lfs said it would be ok so I already added one to my tank. I was contemplating bringing it back and getting something different but I really like him. Would it be a bad idea to keep it?
 
I think it would be a bad idea to keep it. Not only are you risking stunting it's growth, but it's quite a large bodied fish. And probably has a bioload at least double it's size. So would severely limit what else you could put in there.
 
I would say reseach for yourself and dont usually listen to a LFS unless you know they are knowledgeable. Most are there to make a quick buck. One of my LFS says a Bala would fit in a 40 gallon but after telling the family that a Bala is suited for a 100 gallon due to size and the need for a group and the manager came up to me and asked me not to talk to customers about it since it conflicts there info. So basically trust your own info over theirs.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top