Boris' Dinner Time

SirMinion

Sexy Martha Fahaka
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Boris, our Ornate/Chacoan cross Pacman frog gets a treat once a month.
His usual diet is crickets, waxworms, earthworms & fingers but once a month he gets his favourite. A dead mouse.

Here he is gulping it down.
one.jpg

Half gone in one gulp!
two.jpg

Gulp! just the tail to go!
three.jpg

All gone! Isn't he a handsome froggie?
four.jpg

wow he looks amazing! Where abouts are they from, amazon? Are they aggressive or just pick on dead creatures?

wow he looks amazing! Where abouts are they from, amazon? Are they aggressive or just pick on dead creatures?
Yep, he's from South America and a very voracious hunter. In the wild they eat anthing that moves within range and can swallow creatures that are actually bigger than themselves, whole ... including other frogs!

Aww poor fuzzy.

They much prefer being taken head first :D

Boris is indeed a very handsome fella :wub:
the mice thing looks a bit :sick: though but good pics !

wow! he's an amazing looking frog! never seen one like him!
is he difficult to look after?

Very nice frog! How do they kill their prey in the wild? By poison? :)
No. they swallow smaller prey alive but larger things get crushed to death by the frog's powerful jaws.

wow! he's an amazing looking frog! never seen one like him!
is he difficult to look after?
They're fairly complicated to look after because of their feeding habits and the fact that they have to be kept IMMACULATELY clean at all times.

They're not aquatic at all and are very poor swimmers but must be kept very wet with very pure water and the air cannot fall below 75% humidity. They need mud to burrow in which needs changing twice a week.

Idealy they also need a 'rain' shower at least once a week.

They can also be very noisy at night, especially the males when calling for a mate. In the wild their call carries through the jungle for many miles so it's certainly enough to keep you awake!

Not a pet for someone new to vivariums.

Isn't it funny how some people's pets look similar even though they are not the same species, or even class if I'm not mistaken?

Ok trying to remember Kings Play Cards On Fat Green Stools. Animalia Cordata, Amphibian, yep, I think its class.

Isn't it funny how some people's pets look similar even though they are not the same species, or even class if I'm not mistaken?
Ok trying to remember Kings Play Cards On Fat Green Stools. Animalia Cordata, Amphibian, yep, I think its class.
What an excellent mnemonic. I shall remember that! Thank you.

You have a point too, I'd not noticed the similarity between Boris and Martha before!

Most reactions

Back