Bolivians anyone?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

EMdina

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi

I'm considering a pair of Bolivians...how are they as tank mates? With Discus and gold rams...

I never really took notice of them, until recently, because they just didn't have the coloration of the blues and golds...but the batch I'm considering buying from are very colorful- lots of pink/red in the fins and yellow on the body...I never realized how cute and cartoon like their faces are, either...simiar to the geophagus jurapari(?) and surinamensis(?)...

Anyway, if anyone has had positive or negetive experiences with them, I'd love to hear about them...

Thanks in advance...
Ericka

In my experience they behave in the same way as German Rams, relativly peaceful although slightly terriotoral especailly when breeding. :)

Wow! Where did that post come from (the first one up there- that wasn't mine- and I started a new topic)? That is so weird! :S
ericka

EMdina said:
Wow! Where did that post come from (the first one up there- that wasn't mine- and I started a new topic)? That is so weird! :S
ericka
Its a ghost thread just PM a mod and ask him to get rid of it. :)

ive got one bolivian, and im thinking about getting another...although my tank is getting kinda full. the fish is very peaceful with everyone EXCEPT the Angel...they both seem very territorial and they get into little skirmishes, but never seem to hurt each other. He even seems to get chased by my molly!

from what i know they are quite hardy, even more than the germans or others. very cool fish!! highly recommended! :cool:

cheers!

ryan said:
In my experience they behave in the same way as German Rams, relativly peaceful although slightly terriotoral especailly when breeding. :)
good temperment , and addition to most community tanks .

I have 2 which were extremely good with each other but for some reason they are taking territories now. but i dont even think they would dream about touching other fish

Most reactions

Back